The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Friday, February 13, 2009

First Taste: The Farm on Adderley

With Double Trouble on the way in just a few more weeks, this will be probably wind up being one of our last meals out for a very long time. Now that we have a car, we've been trying to visit some of the places we haven't made it out to yet before. When DMR suggested driving to dinner the other week, The Farm on Adderley in Ditmas Park was a natural choice. This post will be brief, because I can't recall anything these days and I can't be bothered to take notes either. But I can say the space was lovely and cozy, but not in a cutesy way, the food was super tasty and the service very good.

We shared the buffalo mozzarella salad to start. For my main, I opted for the braised lamb orecchiette, with butternut squash and baby spinach and DMR ordered the Farm Burger with cheddar. My dish was delicious! It had lots of flavor and different textures. The braised lamb was juicy and kept the pasta from getting too dry. Butter and parmesan finished the dish to give it another dimension of richness.


DMR didn't love his burger, though I can't remember why. I thought it was pretty delicious and wound up eating a third of it. Don't worry, I gave him many forkfuls of my pasta. The fries were definitely the star of the plate though, hand cut and expertly crisped.


Though we could have easily gotten by with one dessert, we wound up ordering two: the apple crisp and a banana chocolate upside down cake. The apple crisp was the winner and it was also a huge portion. The banana cake was kind of a mess. It sat in a pool of way too much sauce and was too sweet. I could barely taste banana as chocolate and caramel overwhelmed the dish, which isn't a bad thing necessarily but I was expecting more of a balance.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Does DMR not like English muffins as hamburger buns? Some people can't stand that.

February 16, 2009 11:37 AM  
Blogger youthlarge said...

It had to do with the actual patty. I think he was opposed to the thickness of it.

February 16, 2009 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the farm on adderly was one of our last meals before charlie, enjoyed with The Mooneys. loved it and can't wait to go back!
anne

February 25, 2009 12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home