The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

cheese break!

My coworker Matty K returned from his homeland Wisconsin with some delicious treats to share with the office. He put together two beautiful plates.

Jim's Blue Ribbon garlic summer sausage, local crackers that tasted of Lipton vegetable soup mix and cubes of sharp Cheddar make up the first platter.

And little squeaky, creamy curds and crackers imprinted with "Dare Dare" on platter two. I think he did an excellent job on presentation. I'm off to get seconds!

Edited 7/29 @ 2:42 PM: I neglected to mention that this cheese was from the Carr Valley Cheese Company, the big winner at this past weekend's American Cheese Society competition. Matty K is quick to note that Wisconsin, or should I say, Wisco, won 91 ribbons compared to California's measly 46.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Molly Neuman said...

and look at those fancy blackberry pics!

July 29, 2008 12:49 PM  
Blogger youthlarge said...

yeah, i love my new blackberry!

July 29, 2008 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home