The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Bacon-O-Meter

Number of strips: 2
Type/brand: Niman Ranch
Consistency: Perfect
Location: The City Bakery, NYC
Comments: I had no intention of eating bacon today. But then I dropped in on the City Bakery this morning (damn you for being on my way to work!) to get some yogurt and fruit. As I was standing in line to pay, I noticed the glistening strips of porcine goodness. They looked like model bacon and I couldn't resist and you know what, I'm happy I didn't resist, because my bacon-dar was totally spot on. Although the size of the bacon seemed a little smaller than what I'm accustomed to there, the were cooked absolutely perfect. The fat wasn't overly chewy and the meat portion toothsome.

Total count from April 26, 2006: 4

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

I ate two pieces of turkey bacon this morning. I also had homefries, egg whites and swiss cheese. Now my stomach feels funny.

April 27, 2006 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home