The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Another Today's Lunch

For lunch I ordered the LS12 from my favorite work Chinese place, Chef 28. For those wondering what precisely an LS12 is, it's the Lemon Chicken lunch special. With the lunch special, one is able to choose from the following in the way of sides:

1 - white, brown or fried rice
2 - egg roll, spring roll, hot & sour soup, egg drop soup, wonton soup or soda

I chose brown rice, which I later discarded by accident (ok, on purpose - I'm not so into rice) and wonton soup, but I was THIS close to getting a fatty egg roll. I was envious of my colleague's LS32 - delicious looking and tasting (I traded her what was supposed to be two pieces, but she took three, of my lemon chicken for two pieces of her sesame chicken) sesame chicken.

I am now feeling very bloated, stuffed and tired. Am on the verge of asking 'why is this happening to me?', though I know the answer all too well. I think I will make myself some Bigelow Mint Medley tea now.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger youthlarge said...

why don't you ask for double meat in the place of rice or something else that you would eat...like not bread.

April 27, 2006 8:35 AM  
Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

Maybe they would be willing to give me a soda instead of rice. If not, I will just pass on the rice altogether. I hate wasting.

April 27, 2006 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home