The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Pinky Chodai*

After a soon dubu jigae dinner at Seoul Garden in Koreatown with Margo, we decided we needed to try Pinkberry, the LA-based frozen dessert chain that's been causing quite a stir.

I wanted a small with three toppings, but the small can only handle 2, so instead of just getting two toppings, I opted for a medium. I'm an idiot.


I went with mango, strawberries and mini mochi atop regular Pinkberry. I barely made a dent because I was so full from dinner. Did I already mention that my eyes are about a million times bigger than my stomach? The interior of the store is super cute with a high open ceiling and very modern touches. There's also a wall of Alessi products you can purchase. Strange. As for the Pinkberry itself? It was tangy and tasty, but I'm not much of a frozen yogurt fan, so this isn't something I'd seek out regularly.

*This translates into "I want Pinky" or "Pinky please" and it's reference to a commercial for a brand of Japanese mint candies, which thanks to Youtube, you can see for yourself. This has nothing to do with Pinkberry, aside from the obvious fact that both products have the prefix "pink."

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took my date to Pinkberry and while she liked it, I was utterly astonished to find it tastes just like TCBY. Hmmm. Hype and I have never gotten along well. I'm staying away from the iphone for this very reason.

June 26, 2007 3:53 PM  
Blogger youthlarge said...

Interesting. I found the grainy, icy texture similar to TCBY, but definitely not the taste. Then again, I haven't had frozen yogurt in probably over a decade and when I did eat it, I was partial to I Can't Believe It's Yogurt.

June 26, 2007 4:05 PM  
Blogger mooney said...

I had pinkberry yesterday and I have tosay two thumbs down. too much tang!

July 10, 2007 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home