The Park Slope Gastronome

Back in Park Slope.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Brunch at Roberta's

Starting off the meal with a Hara-Kiri, Roberta's version of a bloody mary. Sake instead of vodka, and a pepperoncini garnish instead of a stalk of celery or olive skewer. The sake makes for a lighter, sweeter and smoother drink, but I much prefer the traditional version. I did like the extra large square ice cube that floated in canning jar.

Dan and I wound up splitting an order of Bane's fried chicken and a guanciale and egg pizza. I forgot to take a picture of the chicken before I started eating. When I remembered, my hands were already chickenified, plus I was holding a baby, so a photo was not going to happen. The chicken was incredibly moist and juicy, and came with a yummy buttermilk biscuit and a gently dressed, small bibb lettuce salad, but for $14, I want more than two small pieces of chicken. And some sort of potato, preferably mashed or au gratined, thank you very much. The pizza could have benefited from a tad more guanciale, but boy was it delicious. Just like you'd dip your toast into a sunny side up egg for breakfast, you could smush around a piece of the pizza crust in the yolk.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger China-Latina Chowhound said...

I just watched an episode of No Reservations where Tony eats a delicious looking egg pizza on a dairy farm in NJ! I want to eat it.

November 03, 2009 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home